|CurriculumThe curriculum focuses on inculcating in the learner five key attributes: creativity and innovation, collaboration, leadership, global citizenship and life-long learning. All the elements in our curriculum model converge to bring out the best in every child and enable them to be on the path of continuous development and progress. At SGGPS, we lay emphasis on experiential and exploratory methods of learning, well beyond the classroom, as well as promote the appreciation and practice of our school’s values and attributes.
Language development, concept formation, socio emotional skills along with fine and gross motor development happen simultaneously through exploration and discovery, interrogation and eventually self discovery in a fun-filled, safe and happy learning environment. a range of individual and group activities such as games, songs, creative projects, story-telling, role-playing, drawing and painting help develop children’s foundational skills in literacy and numeracy.
The Primary School curriculum offers an exciting and creative learning environment, with an inter-disciplinary appreciation of Languages, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, as individual and integrated subjects.
The curriculum encourages inquiry and exploration, and develops children’s competence in various skills – reading, writing, listening, speaking, problem-solving, observation, measurement and use of information and communications technology.
• Activity based experiential learning to supplement theoretical concepts
• Emphasis on concept development
• Innovative information communication technology (ICT) and multimedia aids to support learning
• Learner centric teaching with individual focus on students to develop multiple intelligence
• Low student-to-teacher classroom ratio (1 : 20)
• SMART classrooms to develop depth of understanding